- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup candy corn
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal and peanuts. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, peanut butter, Worcestershire sauce, salt and garlic powder; cook and stir until butter and peanut butter are melted. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in baking pan. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool; stir in candy corn. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 quarts.
Reviews forJack-o'-Lantern Jumble
"I recall making this mix and I made these adjustments: I used 8 cups of one of the Chex cereals,(I may have had only one of them available for use), 1 cup either mixed nuts or goldfish crackers if nuts were not available, and I'd added 2-1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce! I recall adding 1 cup of butterscotch chips OR semi-sweet chocolate chips along with the candy corn! I'd kept the peanut butter, garlic powder, butter or margarine, peanut butter the same amount! I find that whenever I prepare any type of snack mixes now, I prefer to use a large roasting pan or one of those foil steamer pans as they hold a LOT and I don't have to worry about the mix spilling in my oven! This mix is wonderful and I've taken it to our chapel for our Sunday coffee breaks! Thank you, DeEtta Rasmussen, for sharing this tasty mix! I bought the "Harvest mix" and that is a GREAT substitution for the candy corn! delowenstein"
"This is always a hit when I make it - a delicious combination of sweet and salty! I used to only make it in the fall, but then discovered Easter and 4th of July colored candy corn so now I make it year around. Whenever I take it to a potluck, I bring home an empty bowl!"
"Soooo yummy! Everyone loves every time i make it!"
"A staple at our Thanksgiving appitizer table. The sweet, salty, and crunchy mix is such a treat, and it is so feastive with the candy corn."
"This is so good!!!! easy to make I do double the butter, peanutbutter mix!!!! Always a hit!"
"Scrumptious. From the first year I made this, it was a hit with family and friends. I can't wait for the candy corn to go on sale and then get a deal on the Chex cereals in the fall so I can make this excellent recipe."
"Love this mix, make it every year. It really appeals to the sweet and salty palate, great mingling of flavors."