Jack N Jill Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 cup finely crushed seasoned salad croutons
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices tomato
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef over the mixture and mix well. Shape into six 1/2-in. thick patties; place on an ungreased broiler pan.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Top each with a cheese slice. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato slices.
Dec 23, 2010
THis recipe is often requested by my daughter. Our son does not like cheese on his burgers so I just mix up the meat and make single burgers. I have cooked these on the grill and on the stove top and they are great either way. They are even good the next day warm or cold.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.