Itsy Bitsy Spider Cakes
You'll want to catch these cute critters before they climb up the waterspout one more time. The no-bake treats take advantage of coconut-covered snack cakes and other packaged items to make assembly a snap.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) Sno Balls
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 12 cinnamon Tic Tacs
- 48 pieces red shoestring licorice (3 inches each)
- Spread each Snow Ball with frosting. Sprinkle with coconut. Press two Tic Tacs into frosting for eyes. For spider legs, use a metal or wooden skewer to poke four holes on opposite sides of each cake. Insert a piece of licorice into each hole.
Editor's Note: Sno Balls are Hostess brand snack cakes.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with McCormick’s Montreal Steak Seasoning. Look for it in the spice aisle.
Originally published as Itsy Bitsy Spider Cakes in Quick Cooking January/February 2004