Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 4 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a greased 2-1/2-qt. casserole, layer on-third of the zucchini, onion and tomatoes. Squeeze one lemon quarter over all. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes. Repeat layers. Dot with butter. Squeeze remaining lemon over all. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 64 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 24, 2015
Mixed reviews in our home. I liked this dish, though it needed salt. My husband hated it. He didn't care for the texture of the tomatoes, and thought the flavors did not work well together.
Aug 20, 2014
I added fresh grated parmesan between the layers. Delicious!
Nov 8, 2013
This was wonderful...... I had only one zucchini so I used a yellow squash for the 2nd zucchini. And I always add ground pepper....... definitely a two-helping side..... or a main course with a salad!
Aug 3, 2013
Excellent low/no calorie side dish, fantastic flavors