Italian Zucchini Mini Frittatas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup coarsely shredded yellow summer squash
- 1 cup coarsely shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 5 tablespoons chopped ripe olives, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup diced grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- English muffins, split and toasted, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute squash and mushrooms in butter until tender. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour and eggs until smooth. Stir in reserved vegetables and 1/4 cup olives. Coat 12 muffin cups with cooking spray; fill half full with egg mixture. Bake at 450° for 6-8 minutes or until set.
- Combine the Parmesan cheese, basil and garlic salt; sprinkle over egg mixture. Combine the onion, tomatoes and remaining olives; spoon over the top. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve on English muffins if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 frittatas: 94 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 290mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 15, 2017
When squash is in season this is a true winner and oh so tasty love the cheese on it also
Dec 19, 2011
These were so good. I did not have Monterey Jack shredded cheese so used the Italian blend of five cheeses.
Mar 1, 2011
These frittatas are great for a light dinner. I love the flavor of the vegetables and cheeses. I will definitely make these again. Even my picky 13 year old likes them!
Mar 21, 2010
These were excellent! The leftovers also saved really well for lunch the next day.
Jan 17, 2010
I made this recipe for dinner tonight and it was great! I didn't have zucchini, so I substituted green pepper instead. We'll definitely have this again!