- 3 medium zucchini, sliced (about 6-1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook zucchini in 1 tablespoon oil 5-6 minutes or until tender; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, saute the onion and garlic in remaining oil for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, basil, oregano, garlic salt and pepper; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; gently stir in zucchini.
- Place in an greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with stuffing mix; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forItalian Zucchini Casserole
"wonderful taste....used recipe as stated. Family took seconds and enjoyed the flavor. Will be adding this to my side dishes."
"I was wondering what kind of stuffing mix everyone used? Do you prepare it first?"
"Would like to try this but can't seem to print the recipe. How do we do that?"
"We love zucchini and the Italian favor was a nice addition to our dinner Thanks for sharing!"
"My daughter's favorite zucchini casserole. It tastes even better with fresh herbs & produce!"
"This was an awesome recipe. But instead of putting sliced zucchini I used grated zucchini and it was great!"
"My daughter said this recipe got rave reviews when she served it to guests."
"This was a nice, easy, delicious way to use up some extra zucchini. I love the Italian flavors and may even try omitting the stuffing mix next time (I feel like it got too soggy)."
"I thought this was a good side dish. I did not have any shredded mozzarella so I used asiago instead. I think next time I might use crushed tomatoes instead."