Italian Veggie Turkey Pitas
One day I took the recipe for a favorite dip and added vegetables and turkey to create this flavorful sandwich filling. Pitas are a nice change from ordinary bread.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1 cup chopped cauliflowerets
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 celery rib, julienned
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 5 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, salad dressing mix and hot pepper sauce. Stir in the turkey, cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, celery, carrot, green pepper and onion. Spoon into pita breads lined with lettuce if desired.
Originally published as Italian Veggie Turkey Pitas in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.