Italian Vegetable Saute
"This speedy side dish is loaded with flavor," comments Kenda Nicholson, Honey Grove, Texas. "It's a wonderful way to use up garden bounty—the recipe was the result of an abundant crop of green peppers my parents grew."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 medium green peppers, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup seasoned croutons, optional
- In a skillet, saute the peppers, garlic and Italian seasoning in butter until peppers are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes; cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with croutons if desired.