- 1 package (12 ounces) egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion, celery and green pepper; cook and stir until tender. Stir in turkey, tomatoes, soup and seasonings; heat through.
- Drain noodles; add to turkey mixture and toss to combine. If desired, sprinkle with cheese and let stand, covered, until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forItalian Turkey Skillet
"Thought this was a very tasty recipe. It only needed 8 ounces of linquine, though. I also used browned gr. turkey instead. I will make it again. Great for weeknight meal!"
"Did not like this recipe, sorry, I thought the tomatoes over powered everything."
"My family enjoyed this for dinner on Sunday. I made 2 turkeys and have lots of leftovers but didn't want the same dinner again. I would add another can of diced tomatoes and/or use 3/4 of box of linguine as we like our pasta with extra sauce. I took my leftover pasta for lunch as work today and it was very good!"
"I chopped the ham, doubled the four & milk and served it all over rice. Very good!"