Italian Turkey Meat Loaf
It's easy to whip up this turkey and bean meat loaf on weeknights, and it makes fantastic sandwiches the next day. It's a little softer than most loaves but it slices perfectly and holds its shape while serving. —Laurie Bock, Lynden, Washington
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 6 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste, divided
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 package (20 ounces) lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place garlic, carrots and onion in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Add beans; process until blended. In a large bowl, combine oats, milk, half of the tomato paste, 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, seasoned salt and black bean mixture. Add turkey; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape into a loaf and place in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- Combine water with the remaining tomato paste and Italian seasoning; spread over meat loaf. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.