- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) turkey breast cutlets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 teaspoons oil; saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and herbs; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, over medium heat until sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle both sides of turkey with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. In batches, cook turkey until no longer pink, turning once. Serve with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forItalian Turkey Cutlets
"I really, REALLY enjoyed this recipe! So simple but an amazing flavor! I actually used two leeks that I had on hand in place of the onion - basically bulked up the veggie end of this. I also pan seared the cutlets in a cast iron skillet. Will definitely be making this again! Thanks Janet! :)"