- 1/4 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey or veal
- 8 slices Italian bread, toasted
- 1/2 cup meatless spaghetti sauce, warmed
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four 3/4-in.-thick oval-shape patties. Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill patties, uncovered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Place each patty on a slice of bread; top with spaghetti sauce and another slice of bread. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forItalian Turkey Burgers
"The burgers tasted good and I topped them with diced tomatoes and mozzarella cheese instead. But the patties seemed very wet. I did add breadcrumbs which didn't seem to help. I would make these again and cook them on either a George Foreman grill or in the oven, not an outside grill. The patties seemed to fall apart."
"These are fantastic!! I made them on my George Foreman contact grill. I served them on garlic toast. Sadly, I didn't have any mozzarella cheese on hand to slice; I think mozzarella on top would make them even better (not that they're not great as is)."
"we topped our burgers with fresh mushrooms sauted with garlic powder, butter and italian seasoning."
"I added a little bit of mozzerella cheese melted on the patties. I didn't have garlic bread so I brushed a little butter and garlic on the buns and toasted them- very yummy!"
"I used Italian seasining instead of the oregano and whole wheat buns instead of Italian bread."
"These are great served on a toasted English Muffin...we LOVE em!"