"My husband, Hal, and I enjoy this Italian-style turkey dish as a delightful change of pace," says Helen Vail of Glenside, Pennsylvania. "The dressed-up turkey slices are never dry, and they cook in just minutes."
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 turkey breast slices (3 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon each dried oregano, basil and thyme
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon nonfat Parmesan cheese topping
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour and pepper; dredge the turkey slices. In a skillet over medium heat, brown turkey in oil and margarine. Combine tomato sauce, oregano, basil and thyme; pour over turkey. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Sprinkle with cheeses. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Italian Turkey Breast in Taste of Home February/March 1999, p17