Italian Turkey and Noodles
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 3 cups cooked yolk-free wide noodles
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, mushrooms, onion and green pepper until turkey is no longer pink. Add spaghetti sauce and onion salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- 2. Place cooked noodles in the bottom of a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour meat mixture over noodles. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through.
1 each: 392 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 798mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Feb 2, 2012
My family loved this I we did think it needed more garlic for us but that's a easy fix just sit garlic powder out and any one who wants more can add some. We loved it!!!