Italian Turkey and Noodles
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 3 cups cooked yolk-free wide noodles
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, mushrooms, onion and green pepper until turkey is no longer pink. Add spaghetti sauce and onion salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Place cooked noodles in the bottom of a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour meat mixture over noodles. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 392 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 798mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Feb 2, 2012
My family loved this I we did think it needed more garlic for us but that's a easy fix just sit garlic powder out and any one who wants more can add some. We loved it!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.