- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) reduced-sodium chunk white tuna, drained and flaked
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Add dressing and toss to coat. Fold in tuna. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forItalian Tuna Salad
"I thought the flavors of the tuna and Italian dressing did not go together at all. I hardly ate this at all, though the men in the house enjoyed it. Of course, they'll eat anything. I suggest using pasta instead of the beans, or in addition to. and omitting the green olives to even make this palatable."