Italian Tuna Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) reduced-sodium chunk white tuna, drained and flaked
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Add dressing and toss to coat. Fold in tuna. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 63 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 288mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Apr 13, 2017
I thought the flavors of the tuna and Italian dressing did not go together at all. I hardly ate this at all, though the men in the house enjoyed it. Of course, they'll eat anything. I suggest using pasta instead of the beans, or in addition to. and omitting the green olives to even make this palatable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.