Italian Summer Squash Salad
"My mother in Florida shared this recipe with me," says Lois Gelzer of Standish, Maine. "It is very colorful...and it's a great way to use up squash."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups torn Boston lettuce
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced yellow summer squash
- 3 radishes, sliced
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- In a bowl, toss the lettuce, zucchini, yellow squash and radishes. Serve with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 67 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Summer Squash Salad in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.