Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 4 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/4 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- Cut bread horizontally in half. Hollow out bottom half, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (save remove bread for another use or discard). Brush cut surfaces of bread with oil; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and oregano.
- Layer bottom half with remaining ingredients. Replace bread top. Cut into 8 slices.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 340 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 1130mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 10, 2017
Very tasty and easy to make. Definitely a keeper.
Dec 10, 2014
love this recipe
Dec 13, 2011
Good and simple.
Nov 1, 2011
This was delicious. I made individual sandwiches on Tomato Hoagie Buns from the Kroger bakery. I also used the Genoa Salami for better flavor.
Feb 8, 2011
Delicious!! I have made this sandwich numerous times and even make it on Fridays (individually wrapped) for weekend activities on the go. This is a great combination and the topping of oil, oregano and shredded parmesan is wonderful! Best if chilled awhile before serving.
Oct 6, 2009
I have made this recipes dozens of times - the flavors are great together. I always make sure I buy the Genoa salami for it, because it tastes the best. It's even good the next day straight from the fridge! Great to make for parties!