Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 4 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/4 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- Cut bread horizontally in half. Hollow out bottom half, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (save removed bread for another use or discard). Brush cut surfaces of bread with oil; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and oregano.
- Layer bottom half with remaining ingredients. Replace bread top. Cut into 8 slices.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 340 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 1130mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Oct 10, 2017
Very tasty and easy to make. Definitely a keeper.
Dec 10, 2014
love this recipe
Dec 13, 2011
Good and simple.
Nov 1, 2011
This was delicious. I made individual sandwiches on Tomato Hoagie Buns from the Kroger bakery. I also used the Genoa Salami for better flavor.
Feb 8, 2011
Delicious!! I have made this sandwich numerous times and even make it on Fridays (individually wrapped) for weekend activities on the go. This is a great combination and the topping of oil, oregano and shredded parmesan is wonderful! Best if chilled awhile before serving.
Oct 6, 2009
I have made this recipes dozens of times - the flavors are great together. I always make sure I buy the Genoa salami for it, because it tastes the best. It's even good the next day straight from the fridge! Great to make for parties!