- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 4 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/4 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- Cut bread horizontally in half. Hollow out bottom half, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (save remove bread for another use or discard). Brush cut surfaces of bread with oil; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and oregano.
- Layer bottom half with remaining ingredients. Replace bread top. Cut into eight slices. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forItalian Submarine
"Very tasty and easy to make. Definitely a keeper."
"love this recipe"
"Good and simple."
"This was delicious. I made individual sandwiches on Tomato Hoagie Buns from the Kroger bakery. I also used the Genoa Salami for better flavor."
"Delicious!! I have made this sandwich numerous times and even make it on Fridays (individually wrapped) for weekend activities on the go. This is a great combination and the topping of oil, oregano and shredded parmesan is wonderful! Best if chilled awhile before serving."
"I have made this recipes dozens of times - the flavors are great together. I always make sure I buy the Genoa salami for it, because it tastes the best. It's even good the next day straight from the fridge! Great to make for parties!"