Italian Style Supper
I make this chicken quite often for my family. The whole house is filled with a wonderful aroma from the garlic and Parmesan cheese while it's baking.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 8 small red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with salt. Arrange chicken over potatoes. Combine Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic and pepper; sprinkle over chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and potatoes are tender.
Originally published as Italian Style Supper in Country Chicken Cookbook
Aug 25, 2012
This was tasty and very easy. One dish is always nice too. I used about a tablespoon of oregano instead of the parsley and chicken thighs for the chicken. Thumbs up all around from the family.