Italian-Style Spaghetti with Meatballs
Oregano adds Italian-style flavor to this traditional dish that will please the whole family.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 portion Handy Beef Mix (recipe also in Recipe Finder), thawed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, place beef mix in a large bowl; stir in the cheese, oregano and garlic powder. Shape into 12 meatballs.
- In a large skillet, cook meatballs in oil until browned on all sides and meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in spaghetti sauce and meatballs; heat through. Drain spaghetti; serve with meatballs and sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 666 calories, 22g fat (6g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 1733mg sodium, 75g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 6g fiber), 39g protein.
Originally published as Spaghetti and Meatballs in Ground Beef Recipes 2012 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.