- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) Italian tomato sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four oval patties. In a large skillet, brown patties in oil on both sides. Drain.
- In a small bowl, combine diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Pour over patties. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forItalian-Style Salisbury Steaks
"This recipe wasn't terrible, but it wasn't amazing either. I read the reviews beforehand and made sure to add extra spice to the tomato mixture. I also put this in the oven instead of frying up the patties (I'm not a fan of frying). We wound up putting these over rice, and while it was a decent meal, I'm not sure I would make it again. It simply tasted like burgers with tomatoes on top."
"Delicious! I used ground turkey and fresh garlic instead of garlic powder. For those who found it bland, I wonder if the tasted it as they were cooking it. I added a lot of extra oregano, basil, and garlic powder to the tomato sauce mixture even though I bought the Italian tomato sauce and Italian diced tomatoes."
"Everyone loved it! Have made it several times and will continue to do so."
"Split decision in our home. My oldest loved it, which is a compliment b/c he is very picky! I liked it, although the sauce seemed to dry up instead of making a sauce for the meat to simmer in. My husband didn't care for it, but he isnt really a fan of tomato based sauces."
"I found this recipe to be quite bland without much flavor. I want to try it again but next time, I'll add more spices and Worcestershire sauce."
"As with all TOH recipes, already have given *5* rating. Making these for dinner for first time since saving recipe. With all the rave reviews, what in the world have I been waiting for!"
"My entire family enjoyed this meal. My 4 year old said it "made his tummy happy"! This recipe is definitely a keeper. We made this with the buttered noodles."