- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- Dash ground turmeric
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. add rice; cook on medium for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in broth and turmeric; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forItalian-Style Rice
"My kids absolutely loved this! It will be added to our regular rotation!"