Italian Style Green Beans
Fresh green beans and mushrooms star in this pretty dish from Gloria Warczak of Cedarburg, Wisconsin. Lightly coated with olive oil, lemon and basil, the beans are cooked to perfection.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms in oil until crisp-tender; stir in the beans. Sprinkle with basil, lemon peel, sugar, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until combined.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 46 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 79mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.