Italian Style Breakfast Toast
This Italian style breakfast toast is great at anytime of day! Recipe provided by Eggland's Best®.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 5 min.
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 Eggland's Best® egg (large), sunny-side up
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pinch of Italian Seasoning
- Heat 1/4 cup pizza sauce in a small pot over medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium sized skillet.
- Once oil is mildly hot, crack in egg.
- Cook until whites are set and then remove from heat.
- Toast 1 slice of bread and put on plate.
- Top toast with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and then sunny-side up egg.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 185 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 178 mg cholesterol, 568 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Originally published as Italian Style Breakfast Toast in Eggland's Best Partner Recipes 2015-2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.