Italian Strip Steaks with Focaccia Recipe
- 4 boneless beef top loin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet red peppers, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 focaccia bread (12 ounces), cut into quarters
- 2/3 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1. In a large skillet, cook steaks in 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, shallot and onion in remaining oil. Add garlic and rosemary; saute 1-2 minutes longer. Stir in the red peppers, wine, salt and pepper; heat through.
- 3. Place focaccia on serving plates; top each with a steak and 1/2 cup mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and olives. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 747 calories, 30g fat (8g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 1066mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 61g protein.
Reviews for Italian Strip Steaks with Focaccia
"Great recipe! My family loved it! I used shaved mozzarella cheese instead of Asiago. The kids are not fans of olives so I did not add them to their steaks. I also cooked our steaks a little longer (30 mins).Absolutely Fabulous!!!"
"This steak was very good and tasty, however I felt that the cheese was too strong but that just may be my own taste. My family really enjoyed this meal.:-)"