- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Cut steak into four pieces; dip each piece in egg, then coat with bread crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook steaks in oil over medium-high heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, heat sauce in a small saucepan. Spoon over steaks; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forItalian Steaks
"I have to watch my sodium level so I omitted salt where I can and substitued no sodium or low sodium pizza sauce or spagetti sauce or I make my own."