Italian Steak Sandwich
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound frozen beef sandwich steaks, thawed
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 5 hard rolls, split
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the steaks in 2 teaspoons oil in batches over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Meanwhile, in another skillet, saute the sweet onion and green pepper in remaining oil until tender; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the pickles, salad dressing, tomato and red onion; set aside.
- Place the roll tops, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Place a steak on each roll bottom; top with onion mixture and pickle mixture. Replace roll tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 721 calories, 49g fat (18g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 1433mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 22, 2012
This is my recipe and I have made this with ground beef also. It is just as good.
Jan 18, 2011
I made these last night and they were great. I used Steak-Umms for the first time and was a little nervous, but they were delicious. Having the leftovers tonight.