Italian Steak Bruschetta
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Broil: 10 min.
- 4 ounces sliced pancetta or bacon strips, chopped
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 diagonally cut French bread slices (1/2 inch thick)
- 1-1/2 cups prepared bruschetta topping
- 1 cup fresh arugula or baby spinach
- Preheat broiler. In a large skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle steak with salt and pepper; place on a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Broil 3-4 in. from heat for 4-6 minutes on each side until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak into thin slices.
- Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until golden brown, 30-45 seconds on each side. Top with bruschetta topping, arugula, steak and pancetta.
Editor's NoteLook for bruschetta topping in the pasta aisle or your grocer’s deli case.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer piece: 154 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 635mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 22, 2019
Prepared this as a happy hour appetizer. Followed the recipe exactly with the exception of the bruschetta topping which I prepared with fresh ingredients from my garden. Was a big hit! Not a bit of anything left.