Italian Spinach Salad
Here's a quick, colorful veggie salad as refreshing as springtime itself. It's also pretty as a picture and a great way to use up all those extra hard-cooked Easter eggs! —Gloria Warczak, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 8 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, quartered
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1-1/2 cups Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup seasoned croutons
- On eight salad plates, arrange the spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, eggs, bacon, onion and dill.
- In a small saucepan, cook salad dressing and sugar over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Drizzle over salads; sprinkle with croutons.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 237 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 1034mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Hot Spinach Salad in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008
Apr 6, 2010
I would definitely make this salad again, only I'd switch the spinach to lettuce, as spinach makes two of my children sick. I love spinach but they don't so the change would be okay.