Italian Spaghetti & Meatballs
I made a similar recipe with ground beef and decided to try the same ingredients with Italian sausage. It was a big hit with my family and coworkers.—Patricia McMeeken, Goose Creek, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese, pesto and egg. Add sausage; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls. In a large skillet, cook meatballs in oil over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until cooked through, turning occasionally; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Return meatballs to pan. Stir in spaghetti sauce; heat through. Serve with spaghetti and additional cheese if desired.
Originally published as Perfect Jonhsonville Italian Meatballs in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.