- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Dash pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat eggs, garlic and parsley. Add the beef and mix well. Sprinkle with cheese and bread crumbs; mix gently. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Add to the sauce; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Serve meatballs and sauce over spaghetti. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forItalian Spaghetti 'n' Meatballs
"Only made meatballs. Very good."
"This is an awesome recipe! I've made it several times with no changes. The sauce is a bit sweet and the meatballs are just the right texture."
"My "go-to" spaghetti and meatballs. Excellent recipe, sauce is the best and meatballs are so flavorful and do stay together in the sauce."
"The sauce was very good. The meat balls fell a part during cooking and the hamburger greaseleft the sauce with a funkie flavor.SORRY I DIDN'T LIKE THE RECIPE."
"This is the first recipe we've used where our meatballs have actually stuck together! So yummy!"