- 8 cups Crispix
- 4 cups sourdough pretzel nuggets
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon spaghetti sauce mix
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- In a 2-gal. resealable plastic bag, combine the cereal and pretzels. Drizzle with oil; seal bag and toss to coat. Combine the Parmesan cheese, spaghetti sauce mix and garlic powder; sprinkle over cereal mixture. Seal bag and toss to coat. Yield: about 3 quarts.
Reviews forItalian Snack Mix
"I recall making this recipe when it was featured in the quick Cooking magazine. I revised the recipe to make it more to my tastes! Here is my version of this recipe: 4 to 8 cups Crispix cereal, 4 to 8 cups miniature pretzel twists or sour dough pretzel nuggets, 3/4 cup canola or vegetable oil, 1 Tbsp. salad Supreme seasoning, 2 tsp. garlic powder, 1 package Italian dressing mix, 3 packages of pretzel sticks (one ounce each), 1 package flavored croutons, 4 cups cheese crackers OR goldfish cheddar cheese-flavored crackers. I used a large roasting pan to combine the cereal, croutons, crackers and pretzels. I whisked the oil, garlic, salad Supreme mix, salad dressing mix which I poured over cereal mixture and tossed well to coat. I sprinkled with Parmesan cheese (about 4 Tbsp.) and tossed again to fully coat cereal mixture. This is a good recipe and it doesn't require any baking! Thank you, Nancy Zimmerman, for sharing this recipe! When I made this mix, I took it to my Chapel for our Sunday morning coffee break. Of course, this was 8 years back, but I still have this recipe and actually, I use other snack mix recipes, too! This one does bring out an Italian flavor! DELowenstein"
"This had way too much garlic. If I made it again I would cut the garlic in half"
"I made this for the first time years ago, and my teenage daughter is always begging me to make it. It is delicious!"
"This is my go-to snack recipe for get-togethers with our friends. Everyone loves it, and there are never any leftovers."