Italian Skillet Supper
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove all but 1/2 cup meat sauce to a bowl.
- Drain the pasta; place half over the sauce in the skillet. Layer with half of the reserved meat sauce and 1 cup cheese. Repeat with remaining pasta, meat sauce and cheese. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 327 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 587mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 6, 2012
This recipe is most definitely a keeper. We used half mild italian sausage and the other half hot italian sausage for just a lil bit of kick and it came out perfect.
Dec 12, 2011
Easy and good! I used ring bologna instead of italian sausage. I also added a bunch of italian seasoning to give it some more kick. Definitely comfort food! Easy.Fast.Good.
Jun 30, 2010
This recipe needs some spice. I added some onions, garlic and basil - and I mixed up the cheeses - it is especially good with mozzarelli, provolone and a bit of sharp cheddar.
Apr 28, 2010
This recipe was missing something. My family did not enjoy it.
Mar 2, 2010
my family really enjoyed this meal, it was easy to prepare. The only thing I did different was add some italian seasoning. This recipe will go into my menu rotation
Nov 27, 2009
I loved this recipe.It was quick and it taste good