Italian Sausage With Spaghetti
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links (about 1/2 pound), casing removed
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until crisp-tender. Crumble sausage over vegetables; add mushrooms. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the olives, Italian seasoning and salt if desired. Add cream; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until thickened. Drain spaghetti; add sauce and toss gently. Garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 901 calories, 69g fat (38g saturated fat), 254mg cholesterol, 1014mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Aug 4, 2016
This dish is THICK. Probably best served in the winter, lol. I omitted the mushrooms due to personal preference. Everything else I pretty much kept the same. The sauce took a longer to thicken for me. Not sure why. It was a really good dish when you first have it. However, when you reheat it, it gets REALLY oily and not as creamy. So it's best to not have any leftovers. I'd make this again, but I might try to find something not quite as bad for you as heavy cream. I still really like this dish and will make it again either way. Next time I may try to add in other veggies to round out the meal.
Oct 26, 2013
I love this, different and full of flavor.
Feb 9, 2012
This was a great dish! Normally with other recipes we add alot more spices.Not with this one.We just added the schwan's Mediterranean veggies as it has squash,zucchini already cut up and flavored and a little more cream to coat! This was a very easy and fast meal to prepare and good flavor. Keep up the good work! This goes in the keeper file!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.