Italian Sausage Stew Recipe
In North Syracuse, New York, Cnora Cooper warms up her family with this satisfying stew. "Add a green salad and hot Italian bread for a great meal on a cool spring day," she suggests. "Leftovers are terrific, too."
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 3 medium potatoes, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas and pearl onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven or large kettle over low heat, cook sausage in 1/2 cup water until no longer pink; drain. Add tomatoes, soup, potatoes and Worcestershire sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in peas and mushrooms; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Combine flour and remaining water to form a smooth paste; stir into stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes over medium heat. Sprinkle servings with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Italian Sausage Stew
Reviewed Dec. 29, 2010
"This recipe is wonderful. I shared it with all my co-workers who loved it as well."
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC