Italian Sausage Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cooked Italian sausage links, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the sausage, tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 5 servings.
1 each: 364 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 1230mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Italian Sausage Spaghetti
"Leftover sauce makes for a great Italian sandwich the next day. Just layer a slice of mozzarella in a hoagie bun, spoon in hot tomato-sausage mixture, and top with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese."