Italian Sausage Rice Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1. In a small skillet, cook the sausage, onion and red pepper over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat. Stir in the rice, basil, soup, water and 1/4 cup cheese.
- 2. Transfer to an ungreased 3-cup baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until rice is tender. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 442 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 1531mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Italian Sausage Rice Casserole
"I just made this recipe and it was so good! I added some broccoli and kale and used cheddar cheese since I had no mozzarella on hand. The next time I think I will add some sort of spice and mushrooms."