These savory bites from Lorie Zufall of Waynesboro, Pennsylvania can be made with only a handful of items. "Whether you serve them as an elegant appetizer or as a side dish, they're sure to steal the show," she promises.
Recommended: 45 Recipes for Mushroom Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 24 medium fresh mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove and discard mushroom stems. Place caps on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes; drain.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, 3 tablespoons parsley and sausage until well blended. Spoon into mushroom caps. Cover and microwave at 70% power for 5-7 minutes or until heated through; drain. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Italian Sausage Mushrooms in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p19