Italian Sausage Market Meatloaf
Brought to you by Johnsonville® Sausage
Total TimePrep: 15 min; Cook: 1 hour 10 min
- 1 pkg (19 oz.) Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links, casings removed
- 3/4 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 3/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small sweet red bell pepper, finely chopped (ok to use green bell)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh or defrosted frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 3 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup of the chili sauce with the water. Add the oats, egg, chili powder, Worcestershire, and mix well. Add the decased sausage and the ground turkey or beef. Add the bell pepper, onion and corn and mix well. Divide the meat mixture in half. Lay half the meat mixture in a lightly greased 9X5X3” loaf pan.
- Create a shallow indent in the meat allowing the edges to rise along the edge of the pan. Layer the provolone and the spinach leaves on top of the meat along the center, staying about 1/2 inch away from the edges. Cover completely with the 2nd half of the meat mixture forming a domed top and sealing the edges.
- Bake uncovered for 50 minutes. Spread the remaining 1/4 cup chili sauce over the top of the loaf and bake until a meat thermometer inserted in the center of the loaf registers 165°. About 15-20 minutes longer. Allow the loaf to stand for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Originally published as Italian Sausage Market Meatloaf in Johnsonville® Sausage - 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips