Italian Sausage Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 1 pkg (16 oz.) Johnsonville® Italian Ground Sausage
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 cartons (15 oz. each) ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups fresh spinach, lightly packed and chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic until pork is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain. Add marinara sauce and oregano; simmer for 5 minutes. In a bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg, ¼ cup Parmesan and spinach.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish, spread 1 cup meat sauce. Arrange 3 noodles over sauce. Spread one-fourth of the ricotta cheese mixture over the noodles, top with 1 cup of meat sauce. Sprinkle with ½ cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat process 3 times. Top with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 22, 2017
Everyone really loved the lasagna. I doubled the sauce and eliminated the spinach. This is now my very favorite lasagna recipe and have tried many throughout the years.
May 7, 2013
Great recipe! My husband doesn't like spinach, so I used much less then the recommended 2 cups. (I estimate that I used closer to 1/3 or 1/2 cup, and I tricked him into unknowingly eating the spinach by chopping it really fine in the food processor and mixing it into the meat sauce.) I found that I didn't have enough meat sauce to fill the top layer, so the next time I make this dish, I'll skip spreading the sauce beneath the first layer of noodles and, instead, place the noodles directly on the oiled baking dish.
Jun 9, 2012
Recently discovered this recipe which I know will be hit with family. As you can see, already have given *5* star rating!!
Mar 30, 2012
This was GREAT. I used Gluten free noodles, no one could tell.
Mar 20, 2012
My husband is a "steak & potato" man but he asks me to make this all the time. Fast, easy and will definately make again