- 2 Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 4 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 3/4 to 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Crumble sausage into a small skillet. Add onion and garlic; cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes. Combine the egg, ricotta and parsley.
- Spread 1/4 cup sauce in an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf dish coated with cooking spray. Trim noodles to fit dish. Layer a third of the noodle pieces over sauce; top with a third of the remaining sauce, a third of the ricotta mixture and 3 tablespoons mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover; bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until browned. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews forItalian Sausage Lasagna
"easy and delicious!"
"Great recipe to prepare"
"This is my favorite lasagna recipe. It makes just the right amount and turns out perfectly every time. I also use no-boil noodles."
"I also used the no cook lasagna noodles and it came out great."
"ps: I used the lasagna noodles you don't have to boil first. "oven ready", made it even easier to prep. Came out perfect."
"This was fantastic, I didn't change a thing. The flavor was terrific and it was a very easy recipe to follow. I can't believe I've never thought to make lasagna in a loaf pan, it made 3 generous sized portions. I'll definitely make this again!"