Italian Sausage & Egg Croissants
Wake up your taste buds with eye-opening breakfast sandwiches featuring spicy sausage, fluffy egg, tomato and creamy avocado piled high on a flaky croissant.—Emory Doty, Jasper, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and parsley flakes
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 8 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 croissants, split
- 8 slices tomato
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese, jalapeno and herbs. Crumble sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook patties for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Set aside and keep warm.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. In another large nonstick skillet, melt half of the butter over medium-high heat. Add half of the egg mixture to the skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Cover and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until top is set. Slide eggs onto a plate; cut into four wedges. Repeat with remaining butter and egg mixture.
- Spread mayonnaise over croissants; layer with sausage patties, eggs, tomato and avocado. Replace tops.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 741 calories, 58g fat (22g saturated fat), 322mg cholesterol, 1293mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.