- 1 pound small red potatoes
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 large green peppers, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Place the first six ingredients in a 6-qt. slow cooker. In a large skillet, brown sausages in oil. Reduce heat. Add wine and Italian seasoning, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Transfer to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forItalian Sausage Dinner
"This recipe was great. I also added garlic to the pan with the sausage. Did half the recipe for my husband and I. My husbands only complaint was that there wasn't enough sausage. The zucchini and peppers were a bit mushy. Might be a good idea to wait a couple hours into cooking to add them."
"I added a can of tomatoes red yellow orange peppers a few of each at the end chok boy and have used spinach it was excellent I followed the recipe the first time liked it but expanded on it"
"Excellent ! Now if I can only remember to make this in the winter. I, too, would add garlic next time when browning the Italian Sausage . . . it seemed to be missing "a little something"."
"Great recipe. Thanks for sharing!"
"Also used turkey Italian sausage. This is a a great comfort food recipe!Next time will add some minced garlic when I brown the meat."
"easy to throw together in the crock pot, delicious to eat and it made the kitchen smell great! I will definitely make this again."
"My husband loved it. Said it was a keeper. I added spaghetti sauce to it half way thru the cooking time."
"Our family loved this recipe. The smell of it is great."