VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 24 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped seeded plum tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. In a small bowl, combine mascarpone cheese and pesto.
- Preheat broiler. Place bread on ungreased baking sheets. Brush bread slices on one side with oil. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 30-45 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Spread with mascarpone mixture. Top each with sausage, tomatoes, parsley and Parmesan cheese. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Italian Sausage Bruschetta in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p20