Italian Sausage Breakfast Wraps Recipe
- 3/4 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 6 large egg whites
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage, pepper, onion and tomato over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain and return to pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and egg whites until blended. Add egg mixture to sausage. Cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Add spinach; cook and stir just until wilted.
- 3. Spoon 3/4 cup egg mixture across center of each tortilla; top with about 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up. Yield: 6 servings.
1 wrap: 327 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 175mg cholesterol, 632mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.