- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 8 ounces pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- Garlic powder to taste
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- Prepare roll mix and knead dough according to package directions. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, In a large bowl, whisk eggs. In a large skillet, heat butter until hot. Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set. In a large bowl, combine the scrambled eggs, sausage, pepperoni and cheeses.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; roll into a 14-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Spread filling to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seams to seal. Place, seam side down, on a greased baking sheet.
- Beat egg yolk and water; brush over bread. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews forItalian Sausage Bread
"I had wanted to make a stuffed bread for Christmas, and I went back and forth about whether to make this one or not. The scrambled eggs didn't make sense in my head. Finally, I decided to "just go for it." After mixing all the meats and cheeses, I thought, "how in the world is this all going to fit?" But it fit beautifully and came out of the oven exceptionally good looking.We had several people over for Christmas (5 other families/couples). I was asked by 4 of them for this recipe. IT IS FANTASTIC."