Italian Sausage and Spuds
"I collect recipes, especially ones that are quick," relates Pam Sprowl of Thousand Oaks, California. "This hearty sausage and potato combination is great when we're camping in our motor home because it requires only one pot."
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1 pound uncooked Italian sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 10 small red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow or red onion
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a skillet, combine sausage, potatoes, salt, thyme and pepper. Cover and cook until the sausage is no longer pink and the potatoes are tender, about 30-40 minutes. Add onion, green pepper and parsley. Cook, uncovered, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 194 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 756mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Italian Sausage and Spuds in Quick Cooking July/August 1999
Sep 9, 2014
Delicious recipe! The Italian sausages give the potatoes a wonderful flavor!
May 12, 2014
Very yummy; a family favorite
Jul 31, 2013
I love the ease of this recipe, and it is really tasty. With the colorful peppers, the presentation looks great, too!