Italian Sausage and Peppers
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links, casings removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1-1/4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 Italian sandwich rolls or submarine buns, split
- Cut sausage into 3/4-in. pieces. In a skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is browned; drain. Stir in the peppers, spaghetti sauce, sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano and parsley.
- Place in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until sausage and peppers are tender, stirring every 20 minutes. Serve on rolls.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 581 calories, 25g fat (9g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 1656mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 7g fiber), 24g protein.
Sep 24, 2010
Made it with Italian chicken sausages since I had non-pork/beef eaters in the group. I sauteed everything a day ahead and then heated in oven. Worked well for a group event.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.